We are recruiting for a Mig/Tig Welder for our Client Based in the WS10 area of the West Midlands
Duties include the welding and fabrication of bespoke projects and be capable of MIG / TIG welding in both mild steel and stainless steel.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Report all non-conforming material to the Works Manager immediately.
- Ensure all assigned work is understood prior to commencing.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Complete required paperwork
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional site work
- 2+ years experience of mild and stainless steel welding.
- Must be able to operate manual welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes.
- Must have the ability to weld in all positions with good penetration and quality.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Coded Welding would be an advantage
- SPA Passport or Welding CSCS card advantageous
A welding test will be administered as part of the application process.
Working a 40 hour per week with occasional mandatory overtime.
Pay dependent on experience.