We are recruiting for a Site Fitter/ Shop Fitter for our Client in the WS10 area of the West Midlands.
The role is to install machinery, kilns, furnaces, pipe and automation systems on site, in the UK and overseas. To liaise with customers and report to the line manager with any issues. Once jobs have commenced report any problems that have occurred during installation to the Line Manager. Small fabrications of equipment will be carried out if and when necessary whilst on site. This will include the assembly and sub- assembly of pipe-work, automation systems, steel work, portal frames and any such work necessary to make the complete product as per supplied drawings and plant layouts. When not working on site the duty of work also includes in house fitting and fabrications at the Company workshop and work under the supervision of the workshop supervisor.
- Installation of Steel Work, Portal Frames, Machinery, Kilns & Furnaces, Pipe and Automation systems
- Fabrication work in house and on site. Must be able to (Arc) weld.
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Report all non-conforming material to the Line Manager immediately.
- Ensure all assigned work is understood prior to commencing.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Complete required paperwork
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Workshop duties when not working on site.
- 2 years’ experience within Installation.
- Able to read design drawings and plant layouts are essential
- Possess a solid understanding of installation processes.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Full and clean Driving Licence
- Availability to Travel and stay away from home on occasions.
- Occasional work in confined spaces
- CSCS or CPA Card is essential. To enable to get onto sites and to show good knowledge of Health and Safety
- IPAF ( Preferred )
- Fork Lift Truck Licence ( Preferred )
- PASMA ( Preferred )
- Any other certificates to show qualification and an understanding of the manufacturing and installation trade.
This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional mandatory overtime.